Discover rewarding opportunities that directly influence communities, households, and the way people rent and buy homes in America. The Future Housing Leaders program represents a broad range of possibilities for college students from all academic backgrounds.
Led by Fannie Mae, in partnership with the National Urban League, Future Housing Leaders is an effort to increase diversity in all sectors of the housing industry.
The program aims to match exceptional students with industry internships. When you accept an internship with a Future Housing Leaders employer partner, you’ll receive enhanced support and guidance for a successful internship and beyond. Employers make interview and hiring decisions based on the principles of equal employment and their own selection criteria.
Through Future Housing Leaders, students get an inside look at a dynamic industry essential to our economy and gain invaluable work experience for a better resume.
Program Details and Benefits:
While each paid internship will vary based on the employer, all Future Housing Leaders participants will learn skills for a successful career in the housing industry.
Here are some of the benefits from the Future Housing Leaders program:
- Join a network of influencers for the next generation of renters and homebuyers
- Interact with established leaders in the housing industry
- Expand your knowledge with exclusive learning experiences beyond your internship
- Obtain Future Housing Leader training and other tools to boost your resume
- Make a difference for household and communities by helping to make housing more accessible
Here's How the Program Works
Find out if Future Housing Leaders is coming to your university or college and apply for an internship
Build your skills and experiences with leading housing employers
Graduate into a compelling career and make a difference in housing
All On-Campus Events
All Participating Employers: